Providing a No-Contact Service Visit
- Providing customer service from a distance.
- Sell from six feet away or more.
In times like these, making sure customers feel comfortable in your store is paramount to retaining business and driving revenue. But when making customers feel safe includes limiting interactions with employees, how can your dealership provide quality service to customers?
To help customers keep a distance, you can:
- Set the standard for an environment where customers understand you are working to keep everyone safe. This can be done by creating a “stand behind” line at advisors’ desks, marking 6 feet waiting places on the floor with tape, having hand sanitizer readily available for customers to use, and displaying reminder signage around the dealership to be respectful of each other’s space.
- Provide a self-led greeting option for customers to check in without interacting with an advisor. They can see your store’s service deals and walk through a normal service greeting at their own pace away from other people.
- Communicate from a distance with phone or text frequently providing consistent updates as the customer’s vehicle makes its way through the repair process. Make sure every communication is documented making future interactions much smoother.
- Upsell with an online option similar to Amazon or other online retail experiences. By sending additional service recommendations via text or email, the customer feels like they are in control of their service visit and they can review their recommendations anywhere inside or outside of your store.
Overall, dealerships can and should be providing a good experience to the customer in a way that makes everyone feel comfortable. Don’t be afraid to help customers and present additional findings, even from at least six feet away.
Time to market (cycle time) is crucial to the profitability of your used car inventory, so your goal should be to minimize it as much…
Whether you’ve been to Disney World in the last few years or not, you most likely know about their MagicBands. These sporty wrist bands are…
One of the best conveniences in life is ordering takeout. Having it show up on your doorstep is one of life’s simple pleasures. But the…
As we discussed in the first article of this series, the check-in process is the most important area in service to focus customer experience because…