Rethink Service: How to Capture Every Opportunity
- Learn how to do the right things in service, every time.
- We are extremely inefficient, and we know it.
As automotive retailers, we make every effort to scout, greet, qualify, and sell to potential customers on the front end. We advertise in print, digital, and television. We send out mailers, run promotional campaigns, and attempt to spread the word about our ‘great deals.’ Then, once we acquire a customer, we do everything we can to follow up with them, continue to market to them, and make them a customer for life.
So why aren’t we doing the same thing on the back end?
Simply put, we use a variety of CRM tools in sales to maintain a relationship with a customer. However, when it comes to service, we do a poor job of capturing information to maximize every profit opportunity. We are extremely inefficient, and we know it.
Here are three quick tips to change the game in service:
- Greet customers within two minutes of arrival. J.D. Power found that customer satisfaction improved by 44 points when customers were acknowledged by an advisor within two minutes of arrival. Use digital greeter boards to facilitate this process, and your customers will have a better experience from the moment they arrive.
- Offer additional recommended services every time. 47% of customers will buy additional services if they are simply recommended, and they will spend an average of $106 more. Put a system in place to force proper procedures every time, for every customer, and your service profits will no doubt increase.
- Communicate with customers in the manner they prefer. Only 2% of customers currently receive status updates via text message. Adopt modern technology to bridge the communication gap, and keep customers informed. This will reduce wasted time, and in turn, increase satisfaction as well.
To learn more about how you can analyze your own processes and drive profits, check out one of my featured sessions titled Rethink Service: How to Capture Every Opportunity, or visit our booth #2201 at NADA 100 in New Orleans. I hope to see you there!
- Thursday, January 26 at 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 28 at 9:00 a.m.
- Saturday, January 28 at 10:30 a.m.
Offering Rideshares in Service: Easy as 1, 2, 3
Your customers are looking for a service experience that accommodates their needs. Think about an alternative option offering rideshares.
5 Steps to Successfully Implement Technology in Service
Upgrading to new technology in service can feel like a huge undertaking for everyone involved – the users, service management, and even the dealer. A…
Could your parts department use a spring cleaning?
Now that the winter chill has melted away, and the flowers have started to bloom, it’s the perfect time to wipe the slate clean for…
How to make a tech’s job more satisfying? Streamline recon.
Implementing the right tools can not only improve efficiency but can help with employee satisfaction as well.