5 Tips to Increase Customer Online Payments
- Make your customers aware and interested in paying online.
- Tips to bring about awareness of online payments.
With the growth of online and contactless payments, businesses everywhere are providing efficiency and convenience to customers by adopting an online payment system. In order to get customers to pay online, they need to be made aware you offer online payment options. If you don’t promote it properly, you may miss out on opportunities and even end up losing money down the line.
Here are five things you can do to encourage your customers to pay online:
- Use signage in the dealership. Post eye-catching signs around the dealership that make your customers aware of the different payment options. You can also staple a flyer explaining online payments to customer ROs or invoices. Many customers are interested in paying online but are simply unaware that they can do so. It is your job to bring about that awareness.
- Promote the security of online payments. It is understandable that customers think twice before paying online. Therefore, it may take some convincing to make your customers comfortable with online payments. Let them know that it is safe by promoting the ways their information is protected, like encryption of card data and secure vaults that mask card information from malware. You can also display this security information in your store or staple it to ROs and invoices.
- Use express check-out lanes for customers who paid online. Some people are driven by incentives and time-based rewards. Set up an express check-out lane so that customers who have paid online can come in and complete check-out in a matter of minutes.
- Let your other solutions help. Use your CRM to send emails to service customers encouraging them to pay online and explaining the payment process. Include links to the payment portal so they can easily get there.
- Motivate your employees to suggest online payments through contests. Word of mouth is your most powerful tool. If you’re not seeing an increase in online payments, this may mean there is room for your employees to do more to excite your customers. Run a contest in your service department that awards service advisors based on the number of online payments their customers make. This creates incentive and motivates employees to discuss online payments with customers.
By following these tips, you will excite your customers about the online payment option and offer them a quicker, more positive experience in your dealership.
When was the last time you went to a movie theater for a new release? For many, it was pre-pandemic. This is for a couple…