Rethink Service: How to Capture Every Opportunity
- Learn how to do the right things in service, every time.
- We are extremely inefficient, and we know it.
As automotive retailers, we make every effort to scout, greet, qualify, and sell to potential customers on the front end. We advertise in print, digital, and television. We send out mailers, run promotional campaigns, and attempt to spread the word about our ‘great deals.’ Then, once we acquire a customer, we do everything we can to follow up with them, continue to market to them, and make them a customer for life.
So why aren’t we doing the same thing on the back end?
Simply put, we use a variety of CRM tools in sales to maintain a relationship with a customer. However, when it comes to service, we do a poor job of capturing information to maximize every profit opportunity. We are extremely inefficient, and we know it.
Here are three quick tips to change the game in service:
- Greet customers within two minutes of arrival. J.D. Power found that customer satisfaction improved by 44 points when customers were acknowledged by an advisor within two minutes of arrival. Use digital greeter boards to facilitate this process, and your customers will have a better experience from the moment they arrive.
- Offer additional recommended services every time. 47% of customers will buy additional services if they are simply recommended, and they will spend an average of $106 more. Put a system in place to force proper procedures every time, for every customer, and your service profits will no doubt increase.
- Communicate with customers in the manner they prefer. Only 2% of customers currently receive status updates via text message. Adopt modern technology to bridge the communication gap, and keep customers informed. This will reduce wasted time, and in turn, increase satisfaction as well.
To learn more about how you can analyze your own processes and drive profits, check out one of my featured sessions titled Rethink Service: How to Capture Every Opportunity, or visit our booth #2201 at NADA 100 in New Orleans. I hope to see you there!
- Thursday, January 26 at 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 28 at 9:00 a.m.
- Saturday, January 28 at 10:30 a.m.
Change in the retail sales environment is fast and formidable. The margins dealerships see in new car sales are slim and continue to shrink. Transparency…
Do you know the Dirty Dozen? Back in the summer of ‘67, when muscle cars roamed the streets and 8–track tapes were the hot way…
In part one of the mousetrap series, you learned why using a computer mouse can slow down the parts department. Now it’s time to learn a few…