Accounting: Get to Posting Mode Faster
- Change your settings to automatically start in posting mode in a journal.
- You will still be able to conduct a transaction search.
When working in journal screens, wouldn’t it be easier to start in posting mode so you can add a new transaction, instead of having to start in the search screen? You can easily change this setting through the Accounting Configure settings.
1. Open the Accounting application and go to the Accounting Main Page. If this is not the first page you open to, hit ESC until you are back on the main page.
2. Select the Configure button in the lower right corner of the screen. The Configure Accounting Main Page window will open.
3. Mark the check box for “Default all ‘Transaction Posting’ programs to ‘Post’ mode where security permits” at the bottom of the window.
4. Press F12 or click OK to save your changes.
Any journal you have access to will now open to the posting screen instead of the search screen. When you do need to conduct a search, simply press Ctrl+S from the posting screen to search for a transaction in that journal.
For more easy ways to use your system better, check out our previous system tips.
By now, you’ve probably started making the change from Report Generator to Dynamic Reporting. We are committed to helping you make that change. In the…
When working car deals, one of the most important things to keep track of is your contracts in transit. When using the Heat Sheet feature…
Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI) courses are automatically assigned to dealership employees based on the ERA-IGNITE screens and functions they can access. As a manager or system…