Accounting: Get to Posting Mode Faster
- Change your settings to automatically start in posting mode in a journal.
- You will still be able to conduct a transaction search.
When working in journal screens, wouldn’t it be easier to start in posting mode so you can add a new transaction, instead of having to start in the search screen? You can easily change this setting through the Accounting Configure settings.
1. Open the Accounting application and go to the Accounting Main Page. If this is not the first page you open to, hit ESC until you are back on the main page.
2. Select the Configure button in the lower right corner of the screen. The Configure Accounting Main Page window will open.
3. Mark the check box for “Default all ‘Transaction Posting’ programs to ‘Post’ mode where security permits” at the bottom of the window.
4. Press F12 or click OK to save your changes.
Any journal you have access to will now open to the posting screen instead of the search screen. When you do need to conduct a search, simply press Ctrl+S from the posting screen to search for a transaction in that journal.
For more easy ways to use your system better, check out our previous system tips.
In this three-part series on Contact Management, I’m going to discuss topics that we frequently work with customers to solve. The first is Prospect Leads.…
Question: What can you do in the next two minutes that will give you a detailed view of what is really going on in service? Answer: Run…
It’s that time of year – physical inventories. To help the process go much smoother, a quick list of the bin locations and the parts…