Adventures Await in Las Vegas
- Seven attractions to entertain you!
- A variety of things to see and places to go in Las Vegas.
Whether you’re a seasoned gambler, a slot-machine hero, or visiting for the first time, there is always something unique to do in Las Vegas. Hunter S. Thompson said, “A little bit of this town goes a long way.” There is no fear of missing out in Vegas because something fun is always right around the corner from you.
Whether you’re in town for the NADA convention in March or just planning your next trip, here are some of my favorite things to do while in Vegas:
- The Freemont Street Experience: With various casinos, restaurants, shops and attractions, there is something for everyone at Freemont. Here are some of the highlights:
- The Freemont Light Shows: Shown on the world’s largest video screen and set to familiar songs by Heart, The Who, The Doors, and Bon Jovi, these light shows are a can’t miss experience. Shows happen every hour beginning at dusk and run until midnight. Price: Free
- Slotzilla Zip Line: This is the ultimate Vegas experience for thrill seekers. Inspired by a slot machine, these zip lines will get your heart pumping. Depending on how daring you are, there are two options to choose from. The Zoomline starts at 114 feet in the air and takes riders 1,750 feet at up to 40 miles an hour! Not ready for the Zoomline? Try the Zipline. It starts you out at 77 feet up and flyers land halfway down the Freemont Street Experience walkway. Price: $45 for the Zoomline, $25 for the Zipline
- Main Street Station Antiques: Feeling nostalgic? Visit Main Street Station where you can find a one-of-a-kind collection of antiques. Check out Louisa May Alcott’s and Buffalo Bill’s private rail cars, a chandelier from the Figaro Opera House in Paris, and Goddess Fortuna, an Italian marble statue. Once you see the collectibles, see if you can impress your friends by finding a large piece of the Berlin Wall. Price: Free
- VooDoo Rooftop Nightclub: The best view in Vegas! See the city from great heights at this indoor/outdoor nightclub 51 stories up. Dance beneath the stars or have the flair bartenders mix up the VooDoo’s signature drink, the Witch Doctor, a rum cocktail topped with dry ice. Dress is business casual. Price: $20 cover Sunday through Thursday. Friday and Saturday, women $20 and men $30.
- The High Roller Ferris Wheel: If you’re looking for adventure and relaxation, this is for you. This 550-foot-tall Ferris wheel takes riders on a 30 minute tour of the city skyline. The glass-enclosed cabins each hold 40 people and are perfect for an evening view of Vegas. Price: $26.95 during the day, $36.95 at night.
- The Fountains of Bellagio: Shown every half hour, the Bellagio fountains are one of those experiences in life you have to see to believe. Set to lights and classical, Broadway and pop tunes, the show is as ambitious as it is mesmerizing. Price: Free
- Mon Ami Gabi: A great spot for French cuisine, drinks, and the Las Vegas tradition of people-watching. Muffins are made daily. Price: Varies. Menu and contact information at monamigabi.com.
Come by the Reynolds booth at NADA and let us know what your favorite attraction is. Still looking for more? Visit www.lasvegas.com for up-to-date show listings and restaurant openings.
If you’re a parent who’s sent a child to college, you know how intimidating the life change can be. You also know the new experiences…
Does your dealership’s website suffer from TARCAC (Tumbleweeds Are Rolling and Crickets Are Chirping) syndrome? Have you tried every method out there, but no matter…